Q & A

Don't see your question here?

Call us: (512) 265-6226.

Or email: support@attorneyprime.com

Attorney Prime Q & A

Will an attorney review my case?

Think bigger. Not only will a family law attorney review your case, the attorney will review the facts of your case, contact your local courthouse, give you step-by-step instructions on how to file, serve, and appear at the hearing, and draft your court documents specifically to your situation.

Will an attorney go with me to court?

Actually, no, but that's why an attorney will go over every step of the process with you, and make sure your documents are drafted to your particular court's specifications. Every courthouse has it's own filing requirements, so it's important to know what to expect going in. You will appear in front of the judge "pro se" (that just means without an attorney), but with our guidance and documents, you won't miss a lawyer.

How does this whole thing work?

Every case is different, but here's the basic lay of the land: You request a consultation, an attorney will contact/interview you to figure out what is needed for your specific case, the attorney will go back to their cave to draft your documents, they will then send you your documents, along with detailed instructions on how to proceed at your local courthouse. You will then file the documents, go to your hearing, and following your attorney's instructions, finish out your case. It's not exactly 'easy' (court rarely is), but it's at least simple and straightforward. We take pride and taking the pain out of the process.

I've never been to court before, I'm scared.

Well that's understandable - courthouses are intimidating, beuracratic, and cold places. That is why we will make sure you know exactly where to go, what to file, and how to proceed. We don't like surprises, and we'll make sure you're never caught off-guard throughout the process.

Are you guys a law firm?

Nope, we're better. We won't charge you a ridiculously high fee to handle your case, and we actually return phone calls. We are certified family attorneys who handle cases like yours every single day.

What kinds of cases do you handle?

Most family law cases. If you want to modify your child support or visitation order, we do that. If you want to establish child support or visitation, we also do that. If you want a name change for your child, we do that. If you want to adopt? Yea, we also do that. Or maybe you are in arrears on your child support payments and want to negotiate it. We, if you can believe it, do that! If you want to be charged ridiculous attorney fees, sorry, we don't know how to do that.